Tuesday, June 30, 2009


lesson 4
Let's face reality..
I am old for a 'beginning student'.

I was also told recently that in learning to play the violin one requires a good sense of humour.
I've had four lessons so far, each week these have been booked!
I am enjoying the challenge and the laughs.
I've always wanted to learn/try the violin and the opportunity has presented itself to me now (albeit later in life) coupled with the motivation.

I am under no illusions and know full well that it will be hard and am prepared to go as far as i can in my capacity.

Below are some of the positives experienced so far, remembering that it is very early days!

____________________

My teacher, so far, seems patient and kind
and hasn't bashed me over the head with the instrument yet!
this makes me hopeful!

The neighbours Rottweiler heads for his kennel when i practice!
this makes me laugh out loudly!

When i am not making a hideous screeching sound
(which is often)
and instead feel the vibrations under my chin because
on that odd occassion have hit that 'sweet spot' on the string!
this makes my heart skip a beat.




_________________
donna con il violino blu



donna con il violino blu © 2010 patricia vannucci

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being so motivated I know that you will see this through. You have made great progress & I know there is more to come. Stay focused. You have such talent & the opportunity is God sent. L

violinista blu said...

L.. i'm so sorry it has taken so long to reply to your comment here. My computer has been 'out of action'!
Thank you for your support. At the moment i am motivated and it is hoped that progress will be made no matter how slow. i am patient and am willing to persist as this has been an intrument i have wanted to try for a long time. Thank you also for your kind words and encouragement.
(((hugs)))
pg